This page uses the IP-to-Country Database provided by WebHosting.Info (http://www.webhosting.info), available from http://ip-to-country.webhosting.info
- Hits: 16186
Tunku Kurshiah College or Malay Girls College was established in 1947, sited at 2 1/2m Jalan Damansara, Kuala Lumpur. It was officially opened by Lady Gent, the wife of Sir Edward Gent, the Governor of Malayan Union.
In April 1962, the College moved to a 22-acre site on Bukit Merbah , Jalan Tunku Kurshiah, Seremban. Its new name Tunku Kurshiah College, in honour of the first Queen was formalised when the college was declared open by Almarhum Tuanku Munawir ibni Almarhum Tuanku Abdul Rahman , the Yang Di Pertuan Besar Negeri Sembilan on 24th May 1963.
TKC moved to its new premise in Bandar Enstek, Nilai in January 2013. TKC new campus has two main blocks namely academic lower secondary and upper secondary, an administrator block which consists of an office,staff rooms, libraries, laboratories including a main hall which can accommodate 1,000 people. The university-style campus also have dormitory block, a surau, warden's residence, cafeteria, convenience Sports fields.